Monthly Archives: February 2017
CANCELED – NO QUORUM
NOTICE OF PUBLIC SESSION
FOR THE WHETSTONE FIRE DISTRICT
Sections 7.6.8, 7.7.4, and 7.10.1
Pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.02
DATE: Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
TIME: 6:00 P.M.
PLACE OF MEETING:
Whetstone Fire District
2422 N Firehouse Lane
Whetstone, AZ 85616
AGENDA: ANY ITEM ON THIS AGENDA IS OPEN FOR DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
Pledge of Allegiance/Call Meeting to Order/Roll Call and Affirmation of Quorum
Call to the Public:
- This is the time for the Public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda.
1. Discussion on Policy Manual Update
2. Review, Amendment and Possible Action of Public Session Minutes for January 2017
3. Review, Discussion and Possible Action on Filling Board Vacancy
4. Review, Discussion and Possible Action on Cochise County Attorney Services
5. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of the Financial Reports
Board Member Comments
Future Agenda Items
DATED THIS 27th DAY OF FEBRUARY 2017
PLACE POSTED: Website
The Whetstone Fire District Board may vote to go into Executive Session on any agenda item pursuant to ARS 38-431.03(A)(3) for discussion and consultation for legal advice with the governing Board Attorney on the matter(s) as set forth in the agenda item. The order of the Agenda may be altered or changed by order of the Board. Copies of the Agenda are available upon request at Administration 2422 N. Firehouse Lane Whetstone, AZ. 85616. Call to the Public – According to the Arizona Open Meeting Law, the District Board can only discuss matters listed on the meeting agenda. At the conclusion of the open call to the public, individual Board Members may respond to criticism made by those individuals who have addressed the Board, may ask staff to review a matter or may ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda. However the Board will not discuss or take action on any matter rose during a Call to the Public unless the matter has been properly noticed on the agenda. Please step forward or otherwise identify yourself when the Chair announces the item(s) on the agenda which you are interested in addressing.
1. Please state your name and address for the record.
2. Speak only on the issue currently being discussed by the Board.
3. Please limit your comments to 5 minutes.
4. During “Call to the Public” you may address the Board on any issue within the jurisdiction of the Fire Board.
5. Any member of the public speaking must speak in a courteous and respectful manner to those present.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Whetstone Fire District is currently accepting letters of interest for a vacant seat on our Fire Board.
The applicant must be over the age of 18 and be a registered voter living within the Fire District. Candidates should have the ability to make significant contributions to the work of the Fire Board and the organization. Characteristics to consider will be his/her ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, work well with people individually and in a group. Members should be willing to prepare for and attend Fire Board meetings, ask questions, take responsibility, follow through on given assignments, evaluate themselves, and meet mandatory training obligations. They should possess honesty, sensitivity and tolerance to differing views, community building skills, personal integrity, and a sense of humor.
Letters of interest will be accepted at the Whetstone Fire District Fire Station 321, 2422 N Firehouse Lane, Whetstone Arizona, 85616, through February 15, 2017. For more information contact Pete Bidon at 520-456-1717.