Agenda March 2017
NOTICE OF PUBLIC SESSION
FOR THE WHETSTONE FIRE DISTRICT
Pursuant to A.R.S. 38-431.02
DATE: Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
TIME: 6:00 P.M.
PLACE OF MEETING:
Whetstone Fire District
2422 N Firehouse Lane
Whetstone, AZ 85616
AGENDA: ANY ITEM ON THIS AGENDA IS OPEN FOR DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
Pledge of Allegiance/ Call Meeting to Order/ Roll Call/ Affirmation of Quorum
Call to the Public:
- This is the time for the Public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda.
1. Old Business:
2. Review, Amendment and Possible Action of Public Session Minutes for March 2017
3. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of the Resignation of Chairman Evans
4. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of Ratification of the March 2nd 2017 Meeting
5. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of Amending the Fire Board By-Laws per the Cochise County Attorney
6. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of the Memorandum of Understanding Between Both the Whetstone Fire District and the Palominas Fire District Regarding the Per Diem Firefighter Program Agreement.
7. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of the Memorandum of Understanding Between Both the Whetstone Fire District and the Fry Fire District Regarding the Per Diem Firefighter Program Agreement.
8. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of Appointing New Board Chairman
9. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of Appointing New Board Clerk
10. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of Filling Board Member Vacancies
Letter of interest for Pamela Cohen provided to the Fire Board
11. Review, Discussion and Possible Action of the Financial Reports
Board Member Comments
Future Agenda Items
DATED THIS 28th DAY OF MARCH 2017
PLACE POSTED: Website
AS WRITTEN BY: Cathy Dyer
The Whetstone Fire District Board may vote to go into Executive Session on any agenda item pursuant to ARS 38-431.03(A)(3) for discussion and consultation for legal advice with the governing Board Attorney on the matter(s) as set forth in the agenda item. The order of the Agenda may be altered or changed by order of the Board. Copies of the Agenda are available upon request at Administration 2422 N. Firehouse Lane Whetstone, AZ. 85616. Call to the Public – According to the Arizona Open Meeting Law, the District Board can only discuss matters listed on the meeting agenda. At the conclusion of the open call to the public, individual Board Members may respond to criticism made by those individuals who have addressed the Board, may ask staff to review a matter or may ask that a matter be placed on a future agenda. However the Board will not discuss or take action on any matter rose during a Call to the Public unless the matter has been properly noticed on the agenda. Please step forward or otherwise identify yourself when the Chair announces the item(s) on the agenda which you are interested in addressing.
1. Please state your name and address for the record.
2. Speak only on the issue currently being discussed by the Board.
3. Please limit your comments to 5 minutes.
4. During “Call to the Public” you may address the Board on any issue within the jurisdiction of the Fire Board.
5. Any member of the public speaking must speak in a courteous and respectful manner to those present.
Thank you for your cooperation.